"What is impossible with men is possible with God."
This is the verse that recently encouraged our "daughter," Neha. She had been waiting for two months for God to answer her prayers about wanting to come to youth. Finally, everything worked out for her to go. She wrote two pages to Grant and me about how faithful God is:
" . . .I remember the last letter Papa (Grant) you wrote that pray hard for my friends and for the youth. God is really working in our lives, and I wasn't able to believe this at first. But now I know more and more that our God is a living God and a God in whom we can really trust. I'm so happy for the youth group . . ."
She has also started writing out verses each week to give to the four believing friends she has in her class. We were greatly encouraged by the way God is working through her and among our other youth.
This has been a trying time for us. There have been many things on our hearts, and tons of prayer requests to carry. At one point this weekend I could only collapse on my bed to let the thoughts and challenges swirl around my mind until they settled somewhere. It was a beautiful gift to receive this note from Neha just the next morning, a sweet reminder to us of God's hand on our lives and His work in these children.
Please pray for us and for these students. Pray for our CDH house as we try to love each other and build community inside and outside of our house. Pray that God's wonderful will be accomplished despite our weaknesses and ignorance.
" . . .So I'm taking this verse for me 'cause I believe this has happened in my life, 'Whatever is impossible with men is possible with God.' and 'God has made everything beautiful in its time.' So now is the time. I love you. Neha."
1 comment:
God is really using her in a huge way...her faith is such a huge encouragement and i look forward to hearing/reading about the ways she will continue to be used
Post a Comment