What an incredible week!!!
Manali was showered with blessings this week as our first volunteer group visited us. We welcomed 10 friends from home, eight of them college students from Gardner Webb. They served diligently, on a packed schedule, in multiple ways. Here are some of the things they did:
* Painted two beautiful murals on campus
* Ran a three-day youth program which included a long hike
* Entertained and taught children at a hostel and children's home
* Transported supplies here for the hospital (and gifts from home to us!)
* Prayed with local believers
* Brought beautiful music
* Loved on us!!!!
I truly believe that God ordained that each of them should come on this trip. Even though it was only a week, we were able to see the reasons that each one was here. They fell into the culture as well as anyone could have, and came well-prepared for everything they did. This group has set the bar high for future teams!
Thank you Erin, Stephanie, Anna, Kevin, Bryanna, Sarah, Josh, Jonathan, Melissa and our dear friend Justin, for making time to love us and the people we love. We will cherish this past week for a very long time!
5 comments:
so glad for you to have a taste of home!
you are loved.
It was incredible to share in your ministry-I see a near revival stirring as we pray and seek-we're on our knees! There are 10 people whose hearts and prayers you have! Thanks for the incredible time with God and the delicious Chai!
You are so welcome, Kevin. Thank you for the prayers! We're happy to know you're all safely at home.
Grant-
Can you send me your email address? I'm looking at possibly coming to see you guys in the Fall. Maybe October if that works for you guys?
Looking forward to hearing from you bro. Love you guys
Thanks for sharing the link so I can stay updated about your journey. I have only a taste of missions but I love it every time. I have done work in Buenos Aires, Argentina (building new dorms for the Church campus)- Weißwasser, Germany (destroying the insides and remodeling an old apartment building to convert to a church), Carig Eden, Ireland (remodeling an old school to convert into a Christian College). Once you personally get involved in missions it becomes part of your life and never leaves. I am so proud of the woman of God you have become and look forward to seeing God use you and Grant to impact the lives of thousands in India and around the world.
Post a Comment